Varionet photochromic lenses
The new Varionet lenses: gray photochromic digressive lenses for even more comfort and protection
The year 2023 is synonymous with photochromy for Varionet! Indeed, we suggest that you equip your reading glasses with our gray photochromic proximity lenses.
What is a photochromic lens?
Let's start with the etymology of the word "photochromic" which comes from the Greek "photos" meaning light and "Chroma" meaning color. So, photochromic simply means changing color based on light . Compared to sunglasses, photochromic lenses darken or lighten depending on their exposure to ultraviolet (UV) rays. They are clear indoors and darken quickly in the sun outdoors when subjected to UV radiation and light.
Photochromic lenses adapt easily to your environment and protect your eyes from brightness and glare.
Benefit from 2-in-1 equipment with the new Varionet gray photochromic lenses.
Varionet photochromic lenses are:
- Made of polycarbonate, a very impact-resistant and lightweight material
- Provided with a hardened or "anti-scratch" treatment
- with a traditional anti-reflective treatment for more comfort inside
- Grey: lens color best suited to emmetropic presbyopes because there is little distortion of the light spectrum
- Lenses that react to UV and light, protecting you from UV and blue light by 99%
- Near vision lenses with Varionet technology (clear vision from 30 cm to more than 1 m)
- Perfect for all indoor and outdoor outreach activities!
To know :
Photochromic lenses are not recommended for people who change environment often. Indeed, in general, they darken quickly outdoors but take longer to return to their initial state when there is less light, up to 5 min depending on the case.